April 25, 2013

sydney photographer meet

I have been in Sydney for the last few days to attend a photographer meet up organised by the lovely Kiara Rose. Over 30 photographers showed up! Although I didn't get a chance to talk to each one of them, it was a pretty good vibe. It was so nice to see so many like-minded people coming together from all these different places just to celebrate the one thing we were all passionate about. Sarah Wright came all the way from London!

We all met up in Circular Quay, then walked to Darling Harbour to catch a ferry to the infamous Cockatoo Island. The location was breathtaking! There were so many abandoned warehouses and open spaces. Although I know it's been shot to death, I still wouldn't mind doing a shoot there one day. 

My Sigma was playing up with its autofocus again, even after it's been repaired. AND I realised only at the end of the day that I'd been shooting in jpeg rather than RAW... I need to not do that again. Ever. 

on the ferry: Kiara and Caitlin


Katie Slocombe reluctantly being a model

... but doing so, so well!


Caitlin in front of the lens
(happy birthday!)


Jaden, totally a normal photographer's stance

cheese! Bijmin and I


This is Laura Marii. I'm such a huge fan of her work, I got butterflies when I realised who she was... Eep!


The day ended with sore feet and heavy minds. At first I was a little starstruck meeting some of these lovely people after following some of their work for so long. I was almost too intimidated to show up! I'm glad I did, though. I met some amazing people. 

The drive to Canberra was easy.  It was nice to be away for a while. Now it's back to the usual spiral of study and work. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Danièle,